Wednesday, September 08, 2021

The curse of the eidetic memory

I didn't know I had it, and one has trouble believing it. Was diagnosed by a professional. OCD must have had a role.

What does this mean? I can recall events to a precise day in intricate detail from decades ago, I know where a phrase is on a page of a book, where a cartoon image is in a comic, every TV show/movie line, who said/did what on an actual date, multiplication tables, everything in pictures, nursery school -- since age 3. I recall my first flight, and what I did on that 737 as a very small child. 

What benefits? None thus far. I just have photos and 'movies' in me.

Recalling events of the past week is far more difficult, which is why I have a private journal. But ask me about 1993 day on day, you got it.

https://www.slidecamp.io/blog/eidetic-memory-real-superpower -- hah! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting.

frizbunny said...

what benefits you say? All your friends, family and acquaintances have time and again rejoiced at your memories with them that you so eloquently share at every meeting. Always brings a smile, it's vivid, brilliant and endearing. Vcat, you're truly, magically, one of a kind.