Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The School of Rock


Dewey Finn: 'Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?'
Frankie: 'Doesn't that mean you're drunk?'
Dewey Finn: 'No. It means I was drunk yesterday.'


Among many hilarious lines from The School of Rock (TSR), likely my favorite movie of all time. Now that I've watched it every other week for the past 4 months, it must be. So I decided to write about it - have meant to since Christmas. =)

I recall TSR when it came out in 2003, and parts of it on and off on TV. I even had the DVD in my collection for the past three years. However, it was a chance viewing of this DVD last fall - the whole movie all at once - that got me addicted.

Quotes from TSR are now part of how I communicate, and this relates to my manner of speaking - another addition.

(Song) 'No you're not hardcore! Unless you live hardcore! And the legend of the rent was way hardcore!'
'Sell my guitars? Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars? '


I am a Jack Black fan like many, and he totally carries this movie being himself. I imagine this is what he's like in real life anyway. The School of Rock has you hooked from the time Dewey Finn shows up at Horace Green school as a fake substitute teacher. With a supporting cast of some amazing talented kids that make up a project called (at first) 'rock band' , Joan Cusack as the (outwardly) matronly principal, and some great classic rock music thrown in - this movie had it all right.

Right now to the closing credits that have an ad-libbed feel.

'The movie is over.
But we're still on screen
Everybody's rocking
And we came from Horace Green'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Yes, Jack Black rocks!

Classic rocks!