Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ah, I've had it....

Driving down Central expwy last afternoon, I was ready to do something drastic - spin the car around at 50 mph, rear-end another car, honk for no reason... anything to get rid of a sound.

The sound of other people in the car chewing. *Aaaack!*

Among the sounds I hate, that I abhor, that close my mind to everything else is that of chewing. Especially chewing after meal times. C'est abominable! I find it exponentially gross and disgusting. What's worse is when the chewer is oblivious to the sounds s/he makes with their jaw movements. What a bunch of inconsiderates!

I find that people are distracted when chewing, and this makes them even more irritating. They also tend to make the most crass comments, talk louder, and are a little more clueless than usual at that time.

Other such god-awful sounds like constant throat clearing (only certain kinds), garbled voices when a throat isn't clear, snoring over a decibel limit, and loud sniffling are also major irritants, and for most people. When people excuse themselves at each time if they're able, it helps calm me down.

No comments: