Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The awards telecast...

...nothing to report because I slept through the entire show Sunday. I fell asleep at 430p, just when the red carpet inanity was going on, and woke precisely when it all ended. I woke up to some after-party giggling, and some meaningless questioning of winners by reporters.

Looks like I missed nothing in between - it was the same old thing from last year, and this time I hadn't watched any of the films nominated.

And I enjoy watching Jon Stewart, but on The Daily Show. Apparently, he wasn't the same as the Oscars' host.

I planned to watch it all, but was pre-programmed to tune out for exactly the length of the telecast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who watches self-congratulation events like these any more? India also has 12 award ceremonies so that every loser can get a prize.