Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday at home

After I shut my alarm down at 11, I was woken up at noon by a friend calling from Boston. A good thing too, else I'd have slept until late afternoon.

Bright sunshine streaming through the window. CNN's all about United 93, and is it too soon. Again.

Then we heard about record oil company profits - woohoo! How nice. Is it as easy as just cranking up gas prices for any rumor? I heard a commentator say sure people will whine and complain, but they'll keep buying gas. The whole thought of possible greedy cartels is disgusting.
I recall gas at 90c/gal in Syracuse back in '97. There were gas stations doing $0.67/gal in Indiana and Atlanta then. The wonderful oil glut, the good ol' times. Heck, gas at $1.50 mid-2000 felt expensive.

Now you get those upgrades to full size real quick n'easy at rental car companies. Downgrading to a compact is near impossible - all taken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

? up