Wednesday, November 22, 2006

'The Cuisinart Murderer of Central High'

This faux movie title from Calvin and Hobbes - I can't get it out my mind. Also, can't stop chuckling when I recall that particular strip. Especially Calvin's expression as he asks mom.

C:'Mom, can I have some money so Hobbes and I can go to a movie?'
M:'What movie?'
C:'The Cuisinart Murderer of Central High'
M:'I really think there are more constructive ways you could spend your afternoon, Calvin'
H:'What did she say?'
C:'Oh, she went off on one of her irrelevant tangents again'


Other classic (fict.) movies that C & H have shown an interest in:
  • Sorority Row Horror
  • Venusian Vampire Vixens
  • Vampire Sorority Babes
  • Killer Prom Queen
  • Attack of the Coed Cannibals
  • Cannibal Stewardess Vixens Unchained
Can just think about any of these and LoL to the bewilderment of anyone that's with me. I own every Calvin n'Hobbes collection there is, hence these recollections.

Watterson, why did you stop? =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times do you re-read your Calvin books? I do a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Ah ! Calvin and Hobbes . One of my friends practicing psychiatry has a handy copy of Calvin to boost the mood of his patients at times !

And to quote one of my fav strips :

Calvin comes into the house ...
C- Dad do you remember our car ?
D- Yes.

D- Now what do you mean "remember" !

Calvin rocks .