Friday, January 13, 2006

How To Spot A Zombie

What do you do when people that you barely know walk in to your apartment, and try to get you join some 'educational session' that will be a 'life changing experience'? This happened to me recently.

Two things came to mind:

- Amway

- Some zombie cult

I got the name of this organization, and sure enough the internet tells me it's a brainwasher sort of cult, where the sessions cost a packet each time. Whenever there's any kind of proselytizing, you can bet something's up.

Hint : Any acquaintance/friend/neighbor that shows up suddenly and tries to get you to:

  1. attend a 'session', and
  2. says how it changed their lives,
  3. asks you to confirm attendance, and
  4. then says no obligation to join...

... is in a cult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you would use the word cult. I looked that word up in the dictionary online. It came up with 5 definitions the last I'm assuming you must refer to because the first four deal with religion. And this is what it said, "great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work" Which is kind of funny, because the method to achieve success that was told to me by my parents, and the school system for the last 16 years of school, was get good grades go to a good college, and get a good job. Which I did. And I think it's kind of funny because I was way more commited to that than I was my quixtar business. Makes me wonder which is the cult. I've replaced my job income using quixtar. Granted I ran it like a business, I didn't try and spear people in, or tell them something it wasn't. I found people who were looking to get started in a MLM business. I don't get why so many people have an issue with that. I never see blogs for people who hate getting calls from a "legit" company asking for money or donations... Why do you think that is?