Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Titles at work. Napa under water.

Can anyone explain Assistant Vice President? One of my friends has this title at work, and it seems like it means Vice-Vice or Assistant-Assistant.

Was in Napa just last month, and I hear wine country's completely flooded. Dennis and I were just there and it was picture perfect when we managed to do three wineries despite starting out from Santa Clara at 3pm.

Pretended like I understood wine appreciation terms, and also noted the progressive animated chatter of my fellow tasters. You could tell who'd been to how many wineries.

In all my time in CA, this was the first time I did anything touristy - like visit Napa Valley and go wine tasting. The old guy at Peju Province was a riot - the way he sang and narrated his wine stories. Good times.

No comments: